Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Focusing on God instead of the present

Today I learnt something about my life. It seems to me like I am in a rat-race for happiness and fulfillment. It's like this.. I want to have a more 'settled' life, and I know having 'some' things in life will help me to be more 'settled'. However, for me to get the 'some' things, it's taking me quite a long bit of time.

Then I realized, what's theology without application? If the essence of Christianity in God so loving this world, including me, is willing to sacrifice His life for my sins, then what more could I expect especially when He, the maker of the universe has re-assured me:
  1. I will not let you go through what you cannot bear (1 cor 10)
  2. Not to worry for God will take care of needs (mat 6)
  3. Delight in the Lord and he will give me the desires of my heart (Psalm 37)
  4. His plan is to prosper and not to harm me (Jer 29)
Perhaps, the reason I am in my rat-race is becase I have been so-ever-so distracted by my wants. It's time I look back to God and seek to please him.

Therefore, my new year plans for 2009, will be planned around these 2 core values.
They are:
  1. let my life be filled with thy-ways instead of my-ways.
  2. prioritising pleasing God above pleasing me.

"God help me!"

No comments: