Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Lesson on Management Vs Leadership

I like what My Boss taught me on the difference between management and leadership and its difference. I always thought that in an ideal world where everyone is a good leader, no management will be required.

"Management is like a conductor orchestrating music with his group of musicians. The conductor is a good manager, whereas a good leader is one musician who is good with his instrument and music. You can have many maestros in the orchestra, but you'll need a manager to pull it off together to make a fantastic show."

Well I realized that even in an ideal world, some management is required. Of-course since a good leader is naturally a good follower, it'll be much easier to lead and manage such a group. Less management headaches that involves people to people issues.



Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: