Wednesday, August 27, 2008

To Quit or Not to Quit

How do you define a moment whether or not we are to stop trying and quit, or persevere and hold on?

In the perspective of a Christian, I believe it's determined by God in the way He engineers situations and problems/issues. Question is, do we have then enough faith to believe and persevere?

What about any normal person who has no faith in a superior being in control of their lives? What would they base upon whether or not to quit or persevere?

After 1 minute of thoughts, I realized that it could be through:
1) Whether or not I am happy (Feelings)
2) Whether it benefits me anymore or not (Logic)
3) Whether it does any harm towards me (Self-beneficial, Health)
4) Whether it has any prospect (Self-beneficial, Dreams and goals)

Question is:
as a Christian, me in this case, should the reason I stick with staying or quitting be determined by these factors, or should these factors be over-ruled because of my faith?

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: