Saturday, May 7, 2011

How to vote for the coming election

Singapore is very hyped up today as the nation gathers in different polling stations to vote for their respective member of the parliament representatives. Many are saying that the non-ruling parties ae forming an opposition against the ruling party and are gathering power to change the political landscape of this nation.

I am a supporter of order and control. In fact, I always believe that when creating something great, order and control are necessary components to kick start and maintain growth in the early stages of organizational developments.

Having said that, I do feel that the current government may have gone overboard with some decision making policies. While it's true that there is evident peace and prosperity in the outlook of Singapore, the general population harbor a sentient of disdain and dissatisfaction.

As a believer of decentralized leadership, I must say that having more non-ruling party members in the parliament always serves as a good reminder that we, as humans, simply need reminder. Especially when great power brings great responsibility.

So how do I vote? Not that I had to anyway...
A lot of people were fearful that voting against the ruling party, or afraid to lose out in the next upgrading projects for the area they live in, or even the fear of being black-marked from national benefits.. For me, given chance, would follow these set of principles:

1) by making this vote, am I making it for my personal well being and benefits, or the benefits of the nation?
2) since the past election or the party rule, how has the society improved? Meaning: how has the life quality of a common man improved?
3) what were the common topics the parties brought up? Are they relevant to the society and does it come with solutions..
4) what is the character of the candidates am
I voting for.. Simply put, why should i vote for you...

I think these 4 principles or reflective question has helped me in making some really practical choices. I really hope and look forward to a better nation. Not that it's not good enough, but it definitely can be better in the way we live our supposedly happy and content life.. BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments: