Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Lessons on vulnerability.. Part 1?

I had a tiff with The Wife last weekend. Err maybe the weekend before. Doesn't matter. It's over. The tiff I mean..

We went to a nearby video store to rent a DVD to spend the evening with. I had something in mind I want to watch, and so did she. However, we were quite diplomatic in the way we put it across that we ended up not understanding each other expectations.

J: shall we watch DVD?
A: sure! Lets rent one.
J: hmm there are quite a lot of good shows recently. Shall we try some of these..
A: shall we get a more light-hearted show?
J: how about the new shaolin movie
(no answer, flip-flip-flip DVD album)
A: any funny shows? Comedy?
J: ok... How about this? (flip to one show)
A: how about this instead? Do you think it'll be nice?
J: am not sure. I guess no harm trying..

You get what I mean... It's a series of undercurrents that are pulling each other apart for the fear of being disappointed... The truth is, we were disappointed. At least I was. I was not happy for the start.

Well it ended well when i talked to my wife about the matter eventually. Nonetheless, it's a problem of insecurity and possibly lack of trust that we have to deal with I guess... BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments: