Thursday, October 2, 2008

Learning to be strong and fighting against satan's weapons

Tonight I observed and discovered something about my relationship with my girl-friend.

There seems to be times which each of us are down and we stood by for one another with cheerful attitude and being positive.

Last night, was one of it. I encountered mixed feelings. On one hand I do feel that giving may sometimes mean 'un-appreciatedness' or 'being taken advantage' or even harboring unfair feelings.

I believe that's the price of love. I learnt last-night that those were opportunities for me to be strong and provide support. I never realized that 'joy' is also a form of support.

==============================================================================

I also learnt today about being envious with the world. The devil really have means and ways to tempt christians, even with methods from within, to shaken one's convictions and beliefs through influences of modernization in society and cultural beliefs.

Should the church be influenced by cultural and social developments, which in-turn create an impact on our beliefs as a Christian? Is it really necessary to adapt, or do we have to conform.

The weapons of satan, against christians today, I learnt, is in the subtleness of what we see, hear and do, which affects us from within. You may not believe me if you're struggling with things that is visible. But to those who are fighting against what's inside our heart, it's so easy to fall into:
1) bitterness
2) conceit/jealousy
3) greed
4) pride

I guess my prayers have recently been answered. New lessons in my life will now change into my battle plans against these newly acquired-faith testing damages that is to come.

No comments: