Friday, October 3, 2008

Not Everyone Can Learn As Fast

I was teaching my client just now about how to make a network connection from home to the office.

I thought I made it sound lay-man enough for him, an elderly, roughtly 60+ years old. However, after explaining the connection procedures for 5-min, I realized he didn't get it.

I learnt today that no amount of 'lay-man'ness can be used, to help others absorb the amount of information they can receive. Some people just need more time, some just cannot take that information.

Which makes me feel blessed, really... I realized that being young and one who is always hungry to learn more, it's a natural thing for me to receive new thoughts or inputs.

Lesson learnt today:
As much as I would like others to be as passionate in their learning process, I have to learn to accept the hard-fact that learning to some, may be a pain in the neck!

No comments: