Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Learning to not be boastful,, as subtle as it may seems..

I recently learnt that it can be quite easy for us to actually boast about our accomplishment, especially in times when we're to fend for what we know and what we can do.

I remembered having a quiet time that specifically talks about this a few days back.

In life we have many privileges. More often than not, we rely on privileges to boost our confidence in the things we believe in.

For example, if I am a Singaporean, I will take pride in what my nation does well in. If I am a Christian, I will take pride in being a good christian... etc etc.

Having a good sense of pride versus being boastful about our accomplishments are divided by a rather thin line.

I guess that's why the beatitudes mentioned: Blessed are the Meek, for they will inherit the earth.

I believe at the end of the day, knowing that we're all equal, sinners, imperfect and the fact that we all ought to consider others better than ourselves, will be a key in getting us to where we ought to be.

I like this article where it talks about the principle we should apply in being meek:
http://www.christiancourier.com/articles/905-matthew-5-5-meek-inherit-the-earth

No comments: