Saturday, October 4, 2008

Learning to Tread on the Grey Areas of our Lives

I learnt last-night that everyone has grey areas in their lives that requires an answer to. For me, grey areas in my life will be:
1) If working in my workplace is ordained by God and it's a marketplace ministry involvement, then, how do I balance responsibilities against church related ministries?
2) Is life too complicated for me?
3) Who and how do I define my best friends?
4) Am I really working too hard?
5) How many kids should I have in future?
6) How much money should I keep in my bank account? When will it be enough?

Many at times, when logic doesn't come in direct interpretation, the only way I can get answers from will be through feelings. God doesn't give us feelings for no-reasons right?

But I learnt that apart from the look of people having it all 'well' on the outside, many of 'these' questions still lingers in their minds without any answers. For some, it's put aside and ignored, for some, they face head-on in search for answers.

Well, I believe and learnt we can still exists without having all the questions in our life answered. For some of which we aren't suppose to know, answering usually lead to more deep/'requires-much-thinking' kind of answers.

------
Learnt something about the Patriach of the Jews today:

Father Abraham!

Few of Noah's descendants served God. Out of all the peoples on earth, God called Abram. Like all the biblical heroes, Abram sinned. Yet because of his faith, God would declare him righteous. Abram strove to obey God.

Truly, this shows how important it is to:
1) Obey God
2) Have Faith

when everything fails, just do this 2, things may continue to go wrong, but in God's eyes, I believe you'll be walking on water..

No comments: